Monday, March 12, 2007

Week 8 (March 6): Worst Fears & Best Hopes

This week activity was very fun. We put our websites in Dreamweaver online @ www.envy.nu. It really opened my eyes. I never thought that I could create my own website but now I have one. It is so cool!
This week we have had 4 questions to answer depending on the two textbooks.


1. How will you overcome these fears and use technology for empowerment?
November (2001, p. 55) presented the worst fears of technology. When I saw 25 worst fears, they were quite surprised me because the best hopes have only 19 items. It is telling me that technologies are quite bad because the worst are more than the best. Maybe people are over-concerned about technologies.
How will I overcome these fears? As a teacher, I think I would ask them what their fears are about technology and I will help them point-by-point.

2. What barriers do you identify with as outlined on page 22 of the Romano text?
According to my experience, I do not think I have had any problems with those barriers.

3. How have the skills you've learned in this class contributed to realizing your fears and/or hopes?
I have learned a lot from this class. Now I have my own blog that I had never had one before. I have learned RSS, created a website, and put it online. Everything that I have learned from this class is very challenging. I used to be afraid of computers because I did not know for sure how to use it. Now I do not fear any more.

4. What changes will you make regarding shifting control, mentoring, collegiality and collaboration?
I have no ideas to answer this question now but I hope when I learn and know more about technology, I would find the way to make classrooms more active and interesting for students.


References:
November, A. (2001). Empowering students with technology. USA: Skylight Training and Publishing.

Romano, M. T. (2003). Empowering teachers with technology. USA: ScarecrowEducation.

No comments: